Great in pots & containers, beds, borders & hanging baskets
- 4 months feed
- Superior moisture control
- Contains our patented West+ technology
Gro-Sure® All-Purpose Compost has been developed to give gardeners the best chance of success, everytime. Containing 4 months feed and our patented West+ wood fibre this high performance compost offers unrivalled results in plant health and growing results.
How to use
First put on a pair of gloves and rework the compost between your hands to reconstitute. Then you’re all set.
Beds & Borders
• Dig a hole twice the size of root ball diameter and add a layer of compost.
• Place plant in hole and back fill with compost.
• Firm compost around plant and water well.
Seedlings & Pricking Out
• Prick out seedlings once they are large enough to handle.
• Hold seedling by the leaves to avoid damage and gently tease the roots from the compost, using a dibber or pencil.
• Space seedlings to allow for growth.
• Water regularly until seedlings are ready for potting-on.
• Water plant well and allow to drain before potting.
• Allow enough space to accommodate roots.
• Remove from pot and plant in new container, firming the compost gently around the roots.
• Once fully planted, water well.
Pots, Containers & Hanging Baskets
• Choose container with adequate drainage holes. Place layer of grit in container and fill with compost. For hanging baskets, line basket with moss or liner and fill with compost.
• Plant with trailing plants around the edge and upright plants in the middle.
• Water well.
• Fill seed tray evenly with compost, then firm gently and water.
• Make sloping cut in stem of cutting and remove all bottom leaves. Dip end of cutting in hormone rooting powder to encourage rooting.
• Make hole in the compost with pencil or dibber.
• Place cutting into hole and firm compost gently around it.
• Cover seed tray with glass/polythene to prevent drying out and place in a warm spot away from direct sunlight, until cuttings have taken.
What makes Gro-Sure compost so special?
• Great in pots & containers, beds, borders & hanging baskets
• Exceptional growing results with 4 months feed for season long flowering
• Easier to re-wet and excellent moisture retention for up to 50% less watering
• 50% lighter than standard multi-purpose compost making it easier to transport around the home and garden.
Handy Gardening Tips
• Unsuitable for ericaceous (lime hating) plants.
• Store in a dry frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals.
• Reseal bag after use.